With a 1:1 iPad initiative in full swing, I encounter many questions each day from classroom and file management to queries for the best apps for mind-mapping and annotating PDF’s. As an ed tech group (aptly named the iVengers by our fearless leader Carl Hooker), we band together to address these issues and provide solutions.
, my counterpart at West Ridge MS, shared his top 10 list for iPad Classroom Management
10. You Can’t Overcommunicate
9. Set Clear Behavior expectations. Daily.
8. Rethink and Relocate
7. It’s OK to NOT use the iPad sometimes.
6. Practice your lesson/activity/workflow at least 24 hours before class.
5. SUB Plans
4. Have an established procedure for the beginning of class
3. ALWAYS have a tech-free back-up plan
also good for students who are off-task to have an alternate assignment
2. Ask yourself, “What is the ultimate point of what I’m trying to accomplish?”
1. Help your students get organized
was kind enough to Creative Commons his top 10 list and save it as a PDF (iPad Management Tips and Tricks
). He also goes in to greater detail to illustrate each of his points.
iPad Management Tips and Tricks