Well, I was going to entitle this post “My Boss is a Zombie” but clearly that title has been taken. Rather than causing a “War of the Worlds” panademic with this piece, I will tell you that Carl Hooker (@mrhooker) is safe and sound… at SXSWEDU.
#BRAINZ – The Antidote Acronym: Today he offered a cure, an antidote if you will, for digital addiction in the clever form of an acronym. Let me unpack it for you… BRAINZ. How will you move from Zombie to Zen?
#BRAINZ – Follow the Curation: I don’t want to take his digital thunder… so you will have to dissect the twitter hashtag #brainz to see all of his slides, links, and resources.
I did however take his acronym and unpack it a little further for those of you that are interested – I also chose to showcase a new feature available in the Quizlet Teacher edition (voice recording).
Tips for Managing Digital Distractions: As I am a firm believer in not just documenting sessions but adding value-added resources, I have compiled a list of 25+ articles that share a slew of tips and ideas to manage digital distraction. Some of my favorites are:
- 6 Tips to Fight Distractions and Get Your Homework Done
- 25 Tips to Deal with Digital Distractions
- 7 Tips to Help You Focus in the Age of Distraction
- Which of These Digital Distractions Affect You?
- Ten Top Tips to Regain Real Control
- 10 Unconventional Habits to Live Distraction – Less
- Retrain the Brain: 3 Tips for Redirecting Office Distractions
- Digital Distraction: 8 Ways to Turn Downtime Into Learning Time
The Listly is linked here and embedded below:
TechChef4u Acronym Alliance: Check out TechChef4u’s S.A.S.S.Y. SAMR Toolkit.
TechChef4u Alliteration Alliance: Check out the other topics in the Ed Tech alliteration portfolio:
- MAGNIFICENT MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF SOCIAL POSTERS FOR LIFELONG LEARNERS
- MARVELOUS MONDAY: A MOTLEY OF APP CHALLENGES 4 ALL
- TOTALLY TECHUCATION TUESDAY
- TOTALLY TERRIFIC THOUGHT LEADERSHIP THURSDAY
- TOTALLY TERRIFIC INTEGRATION AND CELEBRATION THURSDAY
- FREEBIE FRIDAY: 50+ EDITABLE IPAD GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS AND PROJECT TEMPLATES
Interested in seeing Lisa Johnson keynote – register for the TIC Keystone Area Education Conference here.
1:1 Deployment and Interested in 1:1 Deployment or PD strategies and implementation? Looking for a dynamic presenter or interactive workshop? Contact TechChef4u (email@example.com) for parent presentations, hands-on workshops, keynotes, and much more! Read testimonials about TechChef presentations.
TechChef Techucation Gazette: Sign up to receive future issues of the monthly e-Newsletter: There are many more learning app-ortunities and professional development toolkits to come. If you don’t want to miss a morsel of this techucation feast, sign up today.
DONT MISS the NEXT ISSUE: SIGN UP TODAY!!!
Contact TechChef4u to schedule Spring and Summer PD and Workshops: firstname.lastname@example.org